Venison Chili Recipe with Black Powder Coffee Coldbrew Concentrate – C4
For years we have added coffee to our chili to add a depth of flavor. Now that we have our own coffee roasting business, i didn’t understand the flavor difference of adding a nice dark roasted Sumatra or Sulawesi vs a lighter roasted Colombian. Wow. Experiment for your self or use the C4 Concentrate to maximize the flavor.
1 hr 40 minutes (or crockpot for 4-6 hrs)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped (sweet if you can find them)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 32 ounces red kidney beans
- 28 ounces tomato paste
- 14 1⁄2ounces diced tomoatoe (chili style)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (grey Mediterranean is best)
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (can use smoked paprika for extra depth of flavor)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (add a little Red Hot too)
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup C4 Coffee Concentrate (or black coffee, darker roasted beans from Indonesia) buy here
- Brown the venison in a stock pot (I use non-stick).
- Add onion and pepper, saute until slightly soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- I prefer shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sometimes from long-grain rice